Midori Precisions Co., Ltd. was founded in 1952 as a manufacturer of electro-mechanical transducers.
These early products were created by the wire-wound potentiometer technology to be offered in the precisions instrumentation markets.
In 1962, Midori developed technology that enabled the company to launch the precision conductive plastic potentiometers, which are called the Green Pot products.
In 1973, Midori pioneered another technology, the contactless magneto-resistive potentiometer (the Blue Pot product line).
In 1994, Midori introduced the position sensors (the Orange Pot product line) which adapted the Hall Effect IC as sensing element and improved the key functions and cost efficiency.
Lately, Midori has been focusing on the development of another product line, Digital Sensor/Encoder to ensure its leading position in the market and further create new customer bases globally.
Midori, with its ISO 9001 certificated quality control system, offers position sensing solutions essential to the aerospace, automotive construction, marine, off-road machinery, manufacturing automation, and medical equipment industries around the world and continues to provide quality and service second to none in its industry.
|Head Office|| 3-2-8, Shinmeidai, Hamura-shi, Tokyo, Japan
|USA||MIDORI AMERICA CORP.
17900 Skypark Circle, Suite 104, Irvine, CA 92614, USA
- Established “Midori Institute” at Suginami, Tokyo
- Established a new factory at Chofu, Tokyo
- Open Osaka Office
- Developed Green Pot using conductive plastic resistive element
- Main office moved to Chofu, Tokyo
- Established “Hamura Midori Co., Ltd” at Hamura, Tokyo
Developed Blue Pot using Magnet-Resistive element
- 25th anniversary of the foundation of Midori. Changing name to “MIDORI PRECISIONS CO., Ltd”
- Established “MIDORI AMERICA Corp.
- Developed Orange Pot using Hall Effect IC
- Merged with Hamura Midori
- Acquired ISO 9001 approval (JQA-QM5245)
- Moved main office to Hamuara, Tokyo
- Acquired ISO 14001 approval (JQA-EM5045)
- Developed Inclinometer using MEMS Accelerometer
- Developed Magnetic Absolute Encoder
Acquired ISO9001/ISO14001:2015 approval